What I want to know is, who is Avanquest (NOVA)? Their website is useless. The options / links have nothing attached to them. There is no company email (much like Ancestry.com, too, who is now pushing their customer service requests from customers to NOVA/Avanquest).

This is crazy. I recently upgraded my software from FTM 2012 to FTM 2014. The computer needed to be repaired at HP. Their instructions (standard repair center instructions) are to due a backup of data before sending unit for repair. Well, I did all that but programs need to be re-installed. I have about 3 tickets at Avenquest / NOVA asking them to send me a download link to re-install my program. The last one I even attached my receipt to them (which is about 4 months old). NOTHING. No response. I get a machine-generated email saying I have submitted a ticket but after waiting days and days NOTHING. And there is no other option on their website.

Why hasn't the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) been informed about this group and why is Ancestry using this incompetent group as first-responders for their valued customers?

Reference:

WARNING TO CUSTOMER: BEWARE and STAY AWAY - FAR AWAY!!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliever product link for re-download and pay my loss of revenue of $775.00 else prepare for court action..

Had an Experience with Avanquest?

Comments

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1105688

Thanks for the info, but picking up a phone and calling them is much faster and you get to speak to someone. I exceeded the number of download attempts, called Nova and spoke with Terry and she had me back up and running in 3 minutes... Thank you Terry

Dallas, Texas, United States #931137

Here's one better: I purchased the software, but the download link did not work - the browser just sat there attempting to connect to the download. After several attempts, the only thing that did work was a popup screen informing me that I had exceeded the number of downloads allowed.

Ancestry.com was of no help, and referred me to Nova, where I was able to create a support ticket.

I have attempted to contact them multiple times, but a week after purchasing, I still do not have the software.